Friday, September 07, 2018

Remembering Burt [1936-2018]

Burt Reynolds died today at the age of 82. 

Besides his movies, I will always have a fun memory about a time in my life when he was THE MAN!

In 1972  [really?]  my girlfriends from work and I anticipated his epic centerfold in Cosmopolitan magazine. The day it was due to come out we traipsed to the smoke and magazine shop on our lunch hour. The three of us put our hot little hands on the magazines, paid quickly, and dashed out of the shop. 

In no time, we all flipped to the middle section and opened the centerfold. There he was in all his glory – well almost all. And one of my friends, who has the loudest laugh, stood there in the middle of the sidewalk and laughed and laughed. [I think she had never seen a nearly naked man before.]

I know that he later said he regretted posing for that picture, but I believe he made the day for millions of women. And if I remember correctly, that picture spawned the advent of other magazines for women – Playgirl, etc. where the centerfolds were not shy. No, not shy at all.

I won't forget you, Burt Reynolds. Rest in peace.

  

 – Cat

No comments: